Spirulina is a superfood with tremendous health benefits! Considered a complete protein, this blue-green algae provides an ideal balance of all nine essential amino acids. It’s also naturally loaded with vitamins A through E, iron, potassium, calcium, and antioxidants. All it takes is one to two tablespoons per day, mixed into virtually any food or liquid, to add a major boost of protein, vitamins and minerals to your everyday diet.
WHAT IS SPIRULINA AND WHERE DOES IT COME FROM?
Our spirulina is a blue-green algae that is grown in open-channel, shallow, man-made raceway ponds. Paddle wheels move the water to accelerate growth while growers continually add clean, fresh water and nutrients to the ponds to keep the spirulina thriving. When ready, the spirulina is harvested with filters, washed in fresh water, and then dried by spray drying machines. Our spirulina is non-irradiated and non-GMO.
7 HEALTH BENEFITS OF SPIRULINA
1. Protein Powerhouse: A single one-ounce serving of spirulina (about 2 tablespoons) packs 16 grams of protein. That’s a huge protein punch! Spirulina also contains all nine essential amino acids needed to build protein, which repair muscle tissue, improve metabolism and prevent hunger.
2. Antioxidant Treasure Trove: Spirulina has an Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity (ORAC) of over 24,000, which is four times the ORAC score of blueberries! The ORAC score measures the antioxidant concentration in foods.
3. Nutrients Galore: Spirulina powder also contains a wide range of minerals, from iron and calcium to potassium and zinc. Amino acids play a key role in our body's ability to efficiently use these minerals - and spirulina contains all nine essential amino acids!
4. Super Source of Iron: Spirulina gives spinach a run for its money because a one-ounce serving of spirulina provides 44 percent of the daily recommended value (DRV) for iron. Responsible for transporting oxygen-rich blood cells throughout the body, iron from spirulina boosts energy and fights fatigue.
5. May Lower Cholesterol: A 2014 study published in the Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture examined the effects of spirulina supplementation on patients with elevated cholesterol. The study found that a dose of one gram of spirulina per day was effective at lowering triglycerides and LDL cholesterol.
6. May Help Lower Blood Sugar: The Journal of Medicinal Food published a study in 2001, which aimed to evaluate the impact of spirulina on patients with type 2 diabetes. Researchers found that dietary supplementation of two grams of spirulina per day helped control blood glucose levels and improve the lipid profiles of the patients.
7. Easy-to-Digest: Since its cell walls have no cellulose, spirulina’s protein is 85-95 percent digestible. This percentage is higher than that of any other common plant! It’s also more digestible than other rich protein sources such as red meat and even soy. Easy-to-digest proteins like spirulina are better assimilated by the body.
WHAT DOES SPIRULINA TASTE LIKE?
Spirulina has a smoky, seaweed-like taste which blends right in with beverages and foods.
HOW TO TAKE SPIRULINA
For those new to spirulina, a single serving of is 1-2 teaspoons of the powder. As you become accustomed to having spirulina in your diet, you can gradually increase the dosage to 1-2 tablespoons per day.
SPIRULINA RECIPE IDEAS
To enjoy this superfood, mix spirulina powder in liquids, smoothies, salad dressings, guacamole, or sprinkle it on food. It'll give your meal superpowers! Blend the superpowder with fruits and yogurt for a spirulina smoothie, or combine it with avocados for a guacamole dip.
OUR REGISTERED DIETITIAN'S TOP PICK
Our Registered Dietitian and Health Nut likes to add spirulina powder to guacamole to increase the protein content of the heart-healthy dip. Spirulina is about 55-77 percent protein by weight compared with 27 percent of meat and 34 percent of soy. This means that a little goes a long way to give you a major protein boost. Just one ounce of spirulina boasts 16 grams of protein.
Shanghai Shine High International is a global food ingredients supplier, state-of-the-Art facility and unique highly skilled quality
control and sourcing team ensure to offer premium quality of Spirulina. To react quickly and fulfill customers’ various needs,
Shine High International never stops and try to be Spirulina solution provider. Please visit us www.ingredient4health.com to see more information.
Shanghai Shine High International Trade Co.,Ltd
Add:Room 308,North Wanke Creative quarter,No2000,Dongming Road, Pudong new district,Shanghai, China