Shine your brightest with spirulina! Our emerald green spirulina is a complete protein that also provides high levels of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. To ensure the best quality and preserve naturally-occurring nutrients, both our conventional and organic spirulina powders are non-GMO and non-irradiated.
What is Spirulina?
Spirulina is a blue-green microalgae that grows in freshwater lakes and ponds. It is recognized as one of the oldest life forms on earth. The Aztecs consumed spirulina for hundreds of years for its abundant source of protein. Today, it’s renowned as a superfood, thanks to its exceptional nutrient content. Spirulina powder has a slightly smoky flavor that blends right into smoothies, dressings, soups and other foods.
How to Use Spirulina
Ready to supercharge your diet with spirulina? Start with a few teaspoons stirred into juices or smoothies. As a powerhouse of protein, spirulina is a perfect addition to your post-workout shake. Mix it into salad dressing to give your greens an even more generous nutrient punch. Let spirulina transform your favorite guacamole dip into a superfood fiesta. Get creative with spirulina powder in your diet; there’s really no limit to what it can do! We have some basic spirulina recipes for you to get started:
Spirulina Smoothie Recipe - Simply combine 1/2 cup of fruit, 1/2 cup of veggies (i.e. kale, spinach, etc.), and 1/2 cup of milk or yogurt in a blender. Add 1 teaspoon of spirulina and blend until smooth. It’s that easy - enjoy!
Spirulina Vinaigrette Recipe - Use an empty jar with a tightly sealed lid. Pour 3/4 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar and 1 tablespoon of spirulina powder into the jar. Add a touch of salt and pepper, and shake until well-combined.
Spirulina Guacamole Recipe - In a bowl, combine 2 diced ripe avocados, 1/4 cup chopped cilantro, 1 chopped ripe tomato, 1 chopped small onion, 1 tablespoon spirulina, and 1 juiced lime. Add a pinch of salt, pepper, and 1 finely diced hot green chili, if you desire. Mash together with a fork and enjoy!
Spirulina Health Benefits
Spirulina is a multitasking hero when it comes to your health. Bursting with nutrient treasures, this super powder bestows everything from protein and minerals to vitamins and antioxidants.
1) Mighty Protein Source: A single one ounce serving (about 2 tablespoons) of spirulina powder packs a whopping 16 grams of high-quality protein. Spirulina packs more protein per ounce than either meat or soy since it is over 50% protein by weight. This complete protein provides all 9 essential amino acids, aka the building blocks of protein, your body needs on a daily basis.
2) Easy-to-Digest: Spirulina is 85-95% digestible so it doesn’t get any easier for your body to benefit from this nutrient-filled food. Its cell walls contain no cellulose so spirulina is easier to digest than other common plants. This unique attribute improves the bioavailability of nutrients in spirulina, and in turn, maximizes health benefits.
3) Antioxidant Treasures: With four times the antioxidant concentration of blueberries, spirulina has a surefire plan of attack against tissue-damaging free radicals associated with health problems. It’s a natural food source of beta-carotene, which converts to vitamin A in the body, and can promote healthy skin and eyes.
4) Essential Fatty Acids: Spirulina provides a wide range of essential omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. Most notably, it’s a rare food source of gamma-linolenic acid (GLA). This hard-to-find essential fatty acid is recognized for its anti-inflammatory effects and may reduce symptoms associated with arthritis and allergies.
5) Detoxifying Agent: Cleanse your body with the detox power of spirulina. Toxins accumulate in our bodies as the byproducts of our environment and the foods we eat. Since spirulina is a rich source of chlorophyll, it can help rid the body of heavy metals and toxins.
6) Energizing Iron: Fight fatigue with spirulina! A one ounce serving provides over 40 percent of the daily recommended value for iron. This mineral ensures that oxygen-rich red blood cells are transported throughout the body. Iron-filled foods like spirulina help the body maintain healthy red blood cells.
7) All-Around Nutrition: The healthy goodness doesn’t stop there! Spirulina also boasts vitamins A through E and other minerals like calcium and potassium. It is an abundant source of B-complex vitamins, which support many of the body’s metabolic processes. Spirulina is truly a health seeker’s dream come true.
How is Our Spirulina Harvested?
Our spirulina is grown in open man-made raceway ponds and exposed to just the right amount of sunlight needed for it to thrive. The spirulina is continually replenished with fresh mineral water to encourage it to grow and flourish. During harvest, the spirulina passes through filters and is cleaned with fresh water. To preserve its essential nutrients, the spirulina is then dried by spray drying machines. We’re proud to source high-quality, non-GMO, non-irradiated spirulina powder.
Shanghai Shine High International is a global food ingredients supplier, state-of-the-Art facility and unique highly skilled quality
control and sourcing team ensure to offer premium quality of Spirulina. To react quickly and fulfill customers’ various needs,
Shine High International never stops and try to be Spirulina solution provider. Please visit us www.ingredient4health.com to see more information.
Shanghai Shine High International Trade Co.,Ltd
Add:Room 308,North Wanke Creative quarter,No2000,Dongming Road, Pudong new district,Shanghai, China