Melatonin is a hormone made by the pineal gland, a small gland in the brain. Melatonin helps control your sleep and wake cycles. Very small amounts of it are found in foods such as meats, grains, fruits, and vegetables. Your body has its own internal clock that controls your natural cycle of sleeping and waking hours. In part, your body clock controls how much melatonin your body makes.
Normally, melatonin levels begin to rise in the mid- to late evening, remain high for most of the night, and then drop in the early morning hours. Light affects how much melatonin your body produces. During the shorter days of the winter months, your body may produce melatonin either earlier or later in the day than usual. This change can lead to symptoms of seasonal affective disorder (SAD), or winter depression.
Natural melatonin levels slowly drop with age. Some older adults make very small amounts of it or none at all. Can be used to treat jet lag or sleep problems (insomnia). Melatonin is a potent antioxidant that defends against free radicals and helps to support glutathione activity in the neural tissue
1. Melatonin can effectively improve sleep quality
2. Melatonin can improve the functional status of the whole body
3. Melatonin can improve human immunity, prevent depression, Alzheimer's syndrome, cataracts, for the treatment of glaucoma also had a marked effect.
4. Melatonin can increase the body's immune system, auxiliary cancer, enhance physical fitness.
5. Melatonin has strong antioxidant effects
Melatonin is also known as MEL. Melatonin is naturally produced in the body in response to the perception of light,Melatonin has been used to ease insomnia, combat jet lag, protect cells from free-radical damage, boost the immune system, prevent cancer, and extend life.
Shanghai Shine High International Trade Co.,Ltd
Add:Room 308,North Wanke Creative quarter,No2000,Dongming Road, Pudong new district,Shanghai, China