Ginger, the underground stem, or rhizome, of the plant Zingiber officinale has been used as a medicine in Asian, Indian, and Arabic herbal traditions since ancient times. In China, for example, ginger has been used to aid digestion and treat stomach upset, diarrhea, and nausea for more than 2,000 years. Since ancient times, ginger has also been used to help treat arthritis, colic, diarrhea, and heart conditions.
In addition to these medicinal uses, ginger continues to be valued around the world as an important cooking spice and is believed to help the common cold, flu-like symptoms, headaches, and even painful menstual periods. Native to Asia where its use as a culinary spice spans at least 4,400 years, ginger grows in fertile, moist, tropical soil.
Part of plant used
Ginger is a spice which is used for cooking and is also consumed whole as a delicacy or medicine. It is the underground stem of the ginger plant, Zingiber officinale. The ginger plant has a long history of cultivation, having originated in Asia and is grown in India Southeast Asia, West Africa and the Caribbean. The actual name for ginger is Root Ginger. However, it is commonly referred to as ginger, as the meaning is well known.
The extract of the dried ginger is a mixture, which has many effective components, including dried ginger essence oil as well as gingerol (gingiberol, zingiberone and shogaol, etc. )
It has many physiologic functions and efficacies, such as lowering blood lipid, lowering blood pressure, softening blood vessel, preventing myocardial infarction, prevention and treatment of cholecysitis and gallstones, relieving and eliminating stomachache suffered from gastroduodenul ulcer, treatment of common cold, lowering weigh and eliminating "senile plaque". It also possesses a special efficacy of relieving seasick and carsick.
Ginger Extract is widely used as an important spice as well as a digestive aid for mild stomach upset, it can also be used to help prevent or treat nausea and vomiting associated with motion sickness, pregnancy, and cancer chemotherapy. In addition, it can be used to help treat arthritis, colic, diarrhea and heart disease
Ginger Extract Gingerols is one with powerful anti-cancer properties.The benefit of gingerol is its ability to fight cancer and promote cancer cell apoptosis (cell death). Some people have added into their juice fasting regime to access this spice more frequently. Relatively the Asian population consumes more ginger within their diet as part of the spices added in their dishes.
*Treat nausea, Colds ,coughs dyspepsia and colic ,
*Decreasing pain from arthritis
*Blood thinning and cholesterol lowering properties(Treating heart disease)
*Treat diarrhea ,Diabetes
1. Applied in health food field, be widely used in food additives industry, which can be added into the dairy, beverage, health care products, pastries, cold drinks, jelly, bread, milk and so on;
2. Applied in cosmetic field, it is a kind of water-soluble polymer natural extracts with sntiphlogistic
sterilization effect. So it can be used as a new type of high moisturizing instead of glycerin;
3. Applied in pharmaceutical field, it is the raw material of new tradition medicine which is often added in kidney products.
4. Releasing nausea and vomiting symptoms happened in carsickness, pregnancy, postoperation.
5. Strengthening intestinal movement, promoting blood circulation, treating dyspepsia, constipation, diarrhea and other gastrointestinal diseases.
6. Inhibiting prostaglandin synthesis, treating rheumatoid arthritis and hyperosteogeny.
7. Decreasing platelet viscosity and accumulation to improve cardiovascular health.
8. Anti-oxidant, effectively eliminating free radicals;
9. With the function of perspiration, and alleviating the fatigue, weakness, anorexia and other symptoms;
10. Promoting appetite, settling an upset stomach;
11. Anti-bacterial, ease the headache, dizziness, nausea and other symptoms.
Shanghai Shine High International Trade Co.,Ltd
Add:Room 308,North Wanke Creative quarter,No2000,Dongming Road, Pudong new district,Shanghai, China