Turmeric is a herbaceous plant, by modern medicine and traditional
medicine both support; and efficacy with a complete, totally no side
effects, and edible. Chinese people always use it to maintain health
and healing. The main active ingredient in turmeric called curcumin,
has long been used as antiinflammatory drugs still in use. Modern
scientific research confirms that turmeric is the best medicinefor the
disease of modern civilization has a variety of special medical effects.
Origin in southern Asia, India or Indonesia, etc.
Curcuma longa extract
Part of plant used
Curcumin 5%-98%, water-soluble 5%-20%
Turmeric is a member of the Curcuma botanical group, which is part of the ginger family of herbs, the Zingiberaceae. The root and rhizome stem of the Curcuma longaplant is crushed and powdered into ground Turmeric. Ground Turmeric is used worldwide as a seasoning and is the source of Curcumin.
Curcumin ( curcumin extract ) is a diarylheptanoid. It is the principal
curcuminoid of turmeric, which is a member of the ginger family
(Zingiberaceae). Turmeric's other two curcuminoids are desmethoxy
curcumin and bis-desmethoxycurcumin.
The curcuminoids are natural phenols that are responsible for the yellow color of turmeric. Curcumin can exist in several tautomeric forms,
including a 1,3-diketo form and two equivalent enol forms.
Curcumin has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antiviral and antifungal actions. Studies have shown that curcumin is not toxic to humans. Curcumin exerts anti-inflammatory activity by inhibition of a number of different molecules that play an important role in inflammation. Turmeric is effective in reducing post-surgical inflammation. Turmeric helps to prevent atherosclerosis by reducing the formation of bloods clumps
1. Curcumin mainly used in many foods as a coloring in mustard, cheese, beverages and cakes;
2. Curcumin used for dyspepsia, chronic anterior uveitis and Helicobacter pylori bacteria;
3. Curcumin used as a topical analgesic, and for colic, hepatitis, ringworm and chest pain.
4. With the function of improving blood circulation and treating amenorrhea;
5. With the function of lipid-lowering, anti-inflammatory, choleretic, anti-tumor and anti-oxidation;
6. Curcumin contains antioxidants, which protect cells against damage caused by free radicals;
7. Curcumin has the effect on lowering blood pressure
Turmeric has a peppery, warm and bitter flavor and a mild fragrance slightly reminiscent of orange and ginger, and while it is best known as one of the ingredients used to make curry, it also gives ballpark mustard its bright yellow color.
Turmeric comes from the root of the Curcuma longa plant and has a tough brown skin and a deep orange flesh. Turmeric has long been used as a powerful anti-inflammatory in both the Chinese and Indian systems of medicine. Turmeric was traditionally called "Indian saffron" because of its deep yellow-orange color and has been used throughout as a condiment, healing remedy and textile dye.
1.Mainly used as flavor additive to pigments and foods;
2. It also has a good performances such as anticancer, anti-inflammatory,anti-oxidation, anti-mutagenics,lipoidemia reducing and ect;
3. Now it is used as a food coloring since it normally gives food slightly yellow color,it can be used to protect food products from sunlight.
4. The curcumin/polysorbate solution or curcumin powder dissolved in alcohol is used for water-containing products. Over-coloring, such as in pickles, relishes,and mustard
Shanghai Shine High International Trade Co.,Ltd
Add:Room 308,North Wanke Creative quarter,No2000,Dongming Road, Pudong new district,Shanghai, China