General Use:pine bark extract
1. Pine bark extract is used to reduce the risk and severity of heart disease, strokes, high cholesterol, and circulation problems.
2. Pine Bark Extract is used in the nutritional treatment of varicose veins and edema, which is swelling in the body due to fluid retention and leakage of blood vessels.
3. Arthritis and inflammation have also been improved in studies using pine bark extract, as well as the uncomfortable symptoms of PMS and menopause.
4. The OPCs in pine bark extract are recommended for various eye conditions that are caused by blood vessel damage, such as diabetic retinopathy and macular degeneration.
5. Pine bark extract is recommended to improve the health and smoothness of the skin, including damage caused by overexposure to sunlight.
6. Pine bark extract is a supplement used for anti-aging and preventive care as well.
Pine bark extract
Part of plant used
Pine Bark OPCs help Vitamin C to work better in the brain to effectively synthesize the neurotransmitters norepinephirine, dopamine and serotonin. In addition, OPC also increases NITRIC OXIDE and improve micro-circulation in the brain and can help improve learning ability and memory through its effects as a neurotransmitter. Recent studies have shown that ADD to be associated with the breakdown of dopamine. By effectively synthesizing the neurotransmitters, pine bark help to maintain healthy brain function.
Pine Bark OPCs protect against free-radical damage, suggested to be a major cause of the ageing process. The antioxidant effect is 50 times greater than that of vitamin C and E. A major advantage of these molecules is that they are taken up into the cell membranes and protect against both water- and fat soluble free-radicals. Pine Bark's OPC has superior free radical scavenging activity because of its ability to protect against both water and fat soluble free radicals, and provides incredible protection to the cells against free radical damage. Recent study has shown that OPC from pine bark to trap hydroxyl free radicals, inhibit production of free radicals, inhibit the damaging effects of the enzymes (eg. hyaluronidase, elastase, collagenase, etc) which can degrade connective tissue structures.
Recent research has shown OPC from pine bark extract to trap lipid peroxides and free radicals, markedly delay the onset of lipid peroxidation, bind to free iron molecules to prevent iron-induced lipid peroxidation.
Pine Bark OPCs is shown to inhibit angiotensin 1-converting enzyme (ACE) - much the same effect as ACE inhibitor drugs used in blood pressure regulation. Data suggests that OPC supplementation is effective in reducing systolic blood pressure in mildly hypertensive patients.
Pine Bark OPCs protect fat and cholesterol from oxidation, thus reducing arterial damage leading to heart disease. OPCs have also been shown to lower cholesterol levels, shrink the deposits in the arteries, inhibit platelet aggregation, and in vitro studies found that pine bark extract modulated the release of nitric oxide, which affected the dilation diameter of blood vessels and has cardio protective property. Proanthocyanidins in pine bark extract also help strengthen the walls of blood vessels.
Pine bark extract may also be effective for slowing retinopathy, the gradual break down of the retina in the eyes. Individuals with arteriosclerosis (a build up of fatty deposits in the arteries), diabetes, or other conditions that increase the likelihood for damage to the small blood vessels in the eyes are more likely to have serious vision problems as a result of blood vessel damage. Studies in healthy volunteers have shown that an intake of 200mg/day of OPCs significantly improved visual performance in dark and after glare tests. A number of European studies have shown that OPCs from pine bark, greatly improved symptoms in patients with diabetic retinopathies, maculopathies, and other visual dysfunctions
Oxidation damage causes most visible signs of aging in our skin. By preventing this damage, skin will stay younger looking. One way to achieve this is to reduce the damaging effects of ultraviolet (UV) light. Sunscreen products have incorporated a variety of antioxidants with the intent that they will prevent sun injury to the skin. Part of the aging process is the degradation of skin by the enzyme elastase, which is released with the inflammatory response. OPCs specifically block elastase, thus maintaining the integrity of elastin. Another major beneficiary of the protective actions of Pine Bark is collagen, the most abundant protein in the body. Collagen is responsible for maintaining the integrity of "ground substance," the basic material in functional fluids, mucus linings, and connective tissue such as tendons, ligaments, cartilage, and most importantly, blood vessels linings. It is highly vulnerable to free radical attack, and a number of discomforting and depreciating processes are associated with its destruction. There is evidence showing that Pine Bark extract may support for the prevention of collagen destruction.
Recent findings published in the journal of Clinical and Applied Thrombosis/Hematosis show a significant symptom reduction of chronic venous insufficiency (CVI) in patients after supplementing with Pine bark extract. According to the study, pine bark is more effective in reducing edema (leg swelling) tight calves, skin alterations, pain during walking and swelling limbs compared to Daflon, which is a combination of diosmin and hesperidin, a commonly prescribed drug used to treat CVI.
Nearly half a million people in the U.S. develop leg ulcers due to CVI. If left untreated, leg and ankle swelling can lead to dangerous conditions such as deep vein thrombosis (DVT). Previous studies have shown Pine bark extract to be effective in encouraging improved circulation and helping to prevent travel-related DVT. Like varicose veins, spider veins also develop if edema is left untreated.
Indications: pine bark extract
1. Antioxidants play a key role of repairing and protecting cells in the body. They help protect against free radicals, which are damaging byproducts of metabolism and exposure to environmental pollutants. Free radical damage is believed to contribute to aging, as well as too severe conditions including heart disease and cancer. Common antioxidants are vitamins A, C, E, and the mineral selenium. Researchers have termed the group of antioxidants found in pine bark extract oligomeric proanthocyanidins, or OPCs for short. OPCs (also referred to as PCOs) are some of the most powerful antioxidants available.
2. Much research has been conducted on OPCs and on pine bark extract. In France, pine bark extract and OPCs have been rigorously tested for safety and effectiveness, and pine bark extract is a registered drug. Pine bark extract has been shown to contain a powerful antioxidant.
Function: pine bark extract
1 Taking Pine bark extract helps to limit free radicalspotentially harmful chemicals that are
produced during the breakdown of foods in the body.
2. Preventing and treating a condition known as chronic venous insufficiency
3. Proanthocyanidins (or polyphenols) in Pine bark extract help keep veins and other blood
vessels from leaking.
4. Pine bark extract has anti-inflammatory effects or have beneficial effects on circulation.
5. Pine bark extract may reduce the stickiness of platelets, also is found to constrict the blood vessels and increase blood flow.
6. From destroying bacterial invaders and cancer cells to relaying signals in the brain.
7. Pine bark extract affects the production of NO in the white blood cells called macrophages --scavenger cells that spew out NO to destroy invading bacteria, viruses and cancer cells.
8. Pine bark extract is beneficial for immune system, Pine bark extract suppresses the
production of NO (nitric oxide) and thus limits the collateral damage resulting from immune system attacks on viral and bacterial invaders. Excess NO has been linked to inflammation, rheumatoid arthritis and Alzheimers disease.
Shanghai Shine High International Trade Co.,Ltd
Add:Room 308,North Wanke Creative quarter,No2000,Dongming Road, Pudong new district,Shanghai, China