Astaxanthin, a member of the carotenoid family, is an oxygenated red-orange pigment. Professor Basil Weedon was the first to map the structure of astaxanthin. Astaxanthin is found in microalgae, yeast, salmon, trout, shrimp, crustaceans, and other sources. However, Haematococcus pluvialis appears to be the best source of astaxanthin. Astaxanthin cannot be synthesized by human and it must be provided in the diet. Astaxanthin has been proven to be one of the most powerful anti-oxidants yet discovered. University study shows Astaxanthin to be up to 550 effective than Vitamin E and 4 times than lutein in various antioxidant capacities.It freely crosses the blood-brain and blood-retina barriers to provide powerful support for eye and nervous system health. Moreover, increasing evidence suggests that Astaxanthin has extremely useful characteristics in scavenging of active oxygen, immune stimulation, cancer prevention and so on. Preclinical studies demonstrate that astaxanthin is safe and no known side effects.
Country of origin
CO2 Supercritical extraction
Astaxanthin 1%-2.5%, powder
Astaxanthin 2.5%-5% CWS
Astaxanthin oil 5%,10%
Astaxanthin is a powerful antioxidant that it is 10 times more capable than other carotenoids, so it is beneficial in cardiovascular, immune, inflammatory and neurodegenerative diseases. It also crosses the blood-brain barrier, which makes it available to the eye, brain and central nervous system to alleviate oxidative stress that contributes to ocular, and neurodegenerative diseases such as glaucoma and Alzheimer's.
Astaxanthin Supplement is a powerful antioxidant and may protect against oxidative damage to body tissues. The free radical scavenging activity of astaxanthin protects lipids from peroxidation and reduces oxidative damage of LDL-cholesterol (thereby reducing arterial plaque formation), cells, cell membranes, mitochondrial membranes. Daily intake of astaxanthin might be a beneficial strategy in health management.
Astaxanthin Supplement seems to improve the immune response by increasing the number of antibody producing cells. Astaxanthin enhances antibody production by exerting actions on T-cells and T-helper cells. It may also protect immune cells against oxidative stress and membrane damage.
Astaxanthin Supplement is produced by microscopic small plants: the micro-alga Haematococcus pluvialis. Haematococcus algae can contain up to 30 g of astaxanthin per kg dried algae. These micro-alga are eaten by marine animals including fish, crawfish, crabs and lobster. The Astaxanthin is responsible for the red colour of these animals. Another commercial source is from the ink coloured yeast Xanthophyllomyces dendrorhous.
1. Astaxanthin is a carotenoid. It belongs to a larger class of phytochemicals known as terpenes. It is classified as a xanthophyll. Like many carotenoids, it is a colorful, fat/oil-soluble pigment. Astaxanthin, unlike some carotenoids, does not convert to Vitamin A (retinol) in the human body. Too much Vitamin A is toxic for a human, but astaxanthin is not. However, it is a powerful antioxidant; It is 10 times more capable than other carotenoids.
2. While astaxanthin is a natural nutritional component, it can be found as a food supplement. The supplement is intended for human, animal, and aquaculture consumption.
3. The FDA approved astaxanthin as a food coloring (or color additive) for specific uses in animal and fish foods. The European Union considers it food dye within the E number system, E161j[3b].
4. Astaxanthin is a potent antioxidant. Research suggests it may play a beneficial role in cardiovascular, immune, eye, and nervous system health. Astaxanthin helps protects body tissues from oxidative damage.
5. Medical Use: Astaxanthin is a powerful antioxidant that it is 10 times more capable than other carotenoids, so it is beneficial in cardiovascular, immune, inflammatory and neurodegenerative diseases. It also crosses the blood-brain barrier, which makes it available to the eye, brain and central nervous system to alleviate oxidative stress that contributes to ocular, and neurodegenerative diseases such as glaucoma and Alzheimer's.
6. Cosmetic Use: For its high-performance antioxygenic property, it can protect the skin from ultraviolet radiation damage and effectively reduce melanin deposition and the formation of freckles to keep skin healthy. At the same time, as an ideal natural coloring agent for the lipstick can enhance the radiant, and to prevent the ultraviolet injury, without any stimulation, safe.
Shanghai Shine High International Trade Co.,Ltd
Add:Room 308,North Wanke Creative quarter,No2000,Dongming Road, Pudong new district,Shanghai, China